Hear From Our Partner:
PDX Diaper Bank
We are so proud to share these kind words from one of our longest standing partners, since 2015, the PDX Diaper Bank in Portland.
Partner with Us
We build technology solutions to help your organization achieve its mission! We bring technologists together to build projects toward effecting large-scale social impact. Inefficient and expensive software solutions are an impediment to efficiency. We want to help develop software solutions to streamline your business processes, so you can focus on what is most important – your mission.
Projects We Build
We excel at learning about your biggest pain points and envisioning solutions that eliminate the tedious, repetitive tasks that take time away from actualizing your mission. We then design solutions that automate those tasks, so that your team can focus on other essential tasks. Our expertise is primarily with building web applications, that require the recording and sharing of information, collaboration, web-based databases, and coordination tools.
If you are facing challenges with sharing, storing or accessing data for your organization, we would like to support you in developing a solution. Our expertise includes a vast variety of technology solutions and we would love to partner with and create one for you!
Problems We Solve
- Are you recording data with pen and paper and later transferring that data to a computer?
- Do you pass Word, Excel, or text files back and forth with collaborators to share information?
- Are you using software for a project now that wasn’t built for the kind of work you are doing?
- Do you take data entered in a document, manually edit it, and then send it on elsewhere?
- Do you have databases that require different access levels? For example, a volunteer can record and enter data, a principal researcher can then lock it and prevent further volunteer edits and only allow researchers to edit to protect data integrity, reviewers can see but not edit data, and so on.
- Do you use desktop programs to record information so you are locked into doing it from a certain location, but it would be more convenient to have a web based solution so you can review and edit from anywhere?
Ruby for Good projects are built at no cost to our non-profit partners and are completely FREE! We do this to support organizations that are dedicated to serving marginalized communities and making the world a better place.
For the past three years we have been very fortunate to have received sponsorships from hosting companies to host projects that we have built for our non-profit organizations. However, continued sponsorship is not guaranteed and your organization may need to find either sponsored hosting or fund the hosting for the project once it is built. We will work with you to find the most affordable solution for your project or to integrate it with your current hosting.
We estimate that an average project costs anything from $50,000 - 85,000 in in-kind donations to build, thereafter, maintaining it costs on an average $50,000 - 85,000, each year that it is in production. So, your commitment and partnership is crucial to the success of this huge investment from our volunteer contributors and hosting partners. We require that you commit to at least two meetings with the Ruby for Good Project Lead prior to the beginning of the project, who will be managing and driving your project, and to meetings as needed, while it is being built.
We will also require your participation, input, and feedback as the project is underway and being built, and your support to test it and provide feedback once it has been launched. We will continue to provide ongoing technical support and maintenance for as long as you use the product.
Submit Your Project Request
After you submit your project request, a Project Lead will reach out to set up an initial conversation to determine how we can best assist you. Occasionally, it turns out that your best solution is to use something already on the market. If that is the case, we will support you with our best technical advice on launching and adopting that solution.